Scooter Discos For
3 - 8 Year Olds
Building a nation of fit, strong
and healthy children.
Gross Motor Skills
Promoting A Healthy Active Lifestyle
Free Experience Day
for your school included.
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium
All pupils leaving primary school, physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Funding is provided to ensure impact against the following objective:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools.
It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding. It is expected that schools will see an improvements against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school, as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
- Gross motor skills development, including agility, balance and co-ordination.
- Muscle development through the use of small and large muscle groups.
- Self-control and emotional development
- Establishing good exercise habits
- Developing immediate and long term health outcomes
- Independent play
- Experience of free play in a positive environment
- Engaged children with a motivated attitude
Department for Education guidance on how to use the Primary PE and Sport Premium.
Develop or add to the PE and sport activities that your school already offers.
Make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years. For example, you can use your funding to:
- Provide existing staff with training or how to help them teach PE and sport more effectively.
- Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport.
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs.